We meet for our new monthly rendez-vous on gemstones. The gemstone of the month of September is pink quartz. What are the properties of pink quartz and its meanings ? How to best use this stone ?
All about pink quartz
Quartz is the most common mineral in the earth’s crust and there are a large number of varieties. You are most likely familiar with rock crystal, pure and transparent. Colored crystals, on the other hand, owe their appearance to the presence of other elements, for example manganese, titanium oxide and dumortierite for pink quartz.
Alongside this scientific approach, we can also contemplate these magnificent creations of Nature. Pink quartz presents a wonderful palette of tender and soft colors : pale or dark pink, with a nuance of orange, peach or lavender. It is thanks to all these shades of fresh and pastel colors that rose quartz has always inspired appeasement, softness and tender feelings. IT is awarded the prettiest and most envied of titles : the Stone of Love !
History of pink quartz
Thanks to research and archeology, we know that rose quartz was present in all civilizations around the world, most often in the form of jewelry and carved figurines. Everywhere, amulets, talismans, lucky charms and even love potions have appealed to the love virtues of pink quartz.
Pink quartz properties and meanings
Pink quartz is one of the most used stones in lithotherapy. This stone has always been defined as the stone of the heart, love and peace. It can alleviate the physical ailments of our motor organ and the disorders of our emotional center. By its detoxifying and calming virtues, rose quartz diffuses its softness on our body and in our relations with others.
You can use rose quartz for the following ailments :
- Superficial burns and blisters
- Tachycardia, palpitations
- Blood circulation
- Restless sleep, somnambulism
- Depressive states
- Healing of wounds
- Wrinkles and fine lines (for example, cosmetic brands use rose quartz for gua sha)
For the psyche and relationships, pink quartz :
- Promotes calm and inner peace
- Serenity and tranquility found
- Repair emotional wounds
- Calms states of anxiety
- Soothes heartaches
- Alleviates lack of confidence and restores self-esteem
- Helps overcome childhood emotional shortages and trauma
- Smoothes out relationship difficulties
- Promotes empathy
- Helps overcome jealousy
- Pierre des Artistes, promotes understanding of art
- Help the externalization of feelings
- Keep away nightmares
Selection of pink jewelry
To experience this back-to-school season, this month of September and especially this shift towards autumn, we have made a selection of very sweet pieces for you!
The OGGI team worked on different styles and pieces :
- Clip Earrings With Rose Quartz Cabochon : What is very beautiful about these earrings is that the vermeil circle is lightly hammered, which helps to capture all the light and bring a lot of sparkle to the face.
- heart and quartz earrings : the originality of these earrings lies in these golden pearls that could make us think of mirror balls. They bring texture with the mass of hair in which they are taken. This jewel is an ode to sweetness with its sculpted heart and its pink quartz drops.
- multi-color earrings : joy and fun in earrings. This jewel offers you a play of colors with quartz, aquamarine, etc. for an almost antique style.
- quartz and amethyst pendant : this piece is rich in personality with its beautiful volumes of pink quartz and amethysts. Its structure reminds us of a flower.
- glass paste long necklace : the two long necklaces presented were made of glass paste in shades of rose quartz. Easy to wear, delicate and feminine, they will dress up and give a touch of color to your outfits of the moment.